Polk County will be going live with the following CIVIL case types on February 19, with the rest of the Civil division to soon follow: Equity (EQ, PC, SP), Civil Law (LA), Foreign Judgment (TJ). Note that CV case types will not be going live.
Below are training sessions for CHAPTER 16 RULES (3 CLE credits are earned by attending these sessions free of charge). Please email IowaCourts.Efiling@iowacourts.gov to register for the session you choose.
- February 5 – 9am-12pm – State Historical Building Auditorium, 600 East Locust in Des Moines. (Parking is available across the street at the Capitol Complex or in the ramp at Grand and Penn)
- February 14 – 9am to 12pm – Drake Legal Clinic, 2400 University Avenue, Courtroom
- February 19 – 9am to 12 pm – Drake Legal Clinic, 2400 University Avenue, Courtroom
Note that these will not be the only Chapter 16 training sessions offered. As they move forward with going live in divisions past Civil, they will hold additional training sessions.
In addition, a series of open houses have been scheduled for hands-on practice and one-on-one training. Anyone is welcome to attend the following sessions for any amount of time.
- February 6 – 9am- 12pm – Judicial Building, 1111 East Court Ave – First floor training room
- February 12 – 9am – 12pm – Judicial Building, 1111 East Court Ave – First floor training room
- February 13 – 1pm – 4pm – Judicial Building, 1111 East Court Ave – First floor training room