- What are the membership dues?
Membership varies by category. Membership categories and the related dues are:
Membership Categories and Dues
- Admitted to practice before fall of 2021: $155
- Employed by a government agency, non-profit organization or corporation (not including law firms): $145
- I am in Exempt status with the Office of Professional Regulation: $85
- Admitted to the bar in the fall of 2021 or in the spring of 2022: $90
- Admitted to the bar in the fall of 2022: No charge
- Law student: No charge
- Member of PCBA/ISBA for 50 years or more: No charge
- How do I join?
It's easy to belong to the Polk County Bar Association. You can join or renew your PCBA membership and pay your dues online here.
Or you may download the membership form and mail a check or money order payable to “PCBA” to:
625 E Court Ave., Suite 100
Des Moines, IA 50309
- How do I update my contact information?
Members can update their contact information by logging into their account and modifying their entry in the member directory on this website. Click here to be redirected.
- Does the PCBA offer CLEs?
PCBA members have the opportunity to receive 15 hours of free continuing education each year, which is all you need to maintain your law license. Click here to view upcoming CLE opportunities.
- Where do I find the activity number of a CLE I attended?
A list of past CLEs organized by the Polk County Bar Association is available here.
Additional CLE information and resources are available via the Iowa Judicial Branches Office of Professional Regulation. https://www.iacourtcommissions.org/