President’s message – June/July 2019
You may think of the PCBA as a provider of CLE, an organizer of networking events, or the administrator for volunteer legal services. It is those things, and more:
- We facilitate educational and informational sessions (like our Lunch & Learns at the Federal and Polk County Courthouses);
- We have a mediation program with a roster of mediators for family, small claims, and other legal issues
- We have a new committee for corporate counsel which joins our solo/small committee to provide socialization and educational opportunities on a more specialized basis
- Through VLP, we host a monthly multidisciplinary clinic to provide assistance to Hispanic families
- We serve as a liaison between the bar and the Polk County judges
Recently switching from being a litigator at a medium-sized law firm to an owner of a small firm, I recognize how our professional needs change over the course of our careers. I think all new PCBA board presidents urge support and participation by PCBA members, as do I. You make our organization stronger. Whether through membership dues, VLP donations, service on a committee, using our mediation program, or attending our events, we appreciate and value your support.
We also want to hear from you about what you like and what we can be doing better. The new corporate counsel committee was created based on discussions about how we can better serve the legal community. So let me, any board members, or Carol know if you have any suggestions.
Have a great summer and we will see you when lunches resume this fall!