CLE Seminar Materials – April 25, 2014
Some 245 PCBA members gathered at the Downtown Des Moines Marriott on April 25 to network and stay on top of their profession at the Fall CLE seminar. As always, the CLE provided a full day of diverse and interesting presentations covering a wide array of topics pertinent to the practice of law in Iowa. The program, which was offered FREE to members, provided 7.5 hours of CLE, including 3 hours Ethics and 3.5 hours of Federal CLE. Activity number 135089.
- The Farm Bill, Edward Cox, J.D.
- View from the Bench; What Judges Want to See, Hon. John M. Wright, J.D., 8th Judicial District of Iowa
- Federal Criminal Law, F. Montgomery Brown, J.D.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Financial Crimes Against the Elderly, Kevin McCarthy, J.D. and Chantelle Smith, J.D.
Iowa Elder Abuse Initiative Report, Senate File 2239 Section 2 24,
SF 446 Elder Abuse Task Force Final Report (2013),
Dependent Adult Abuse in Facilities, Dependent Adult Abuse Services,
Substitute Decision Maker Act
- Worker’s Compensation, Michelle McGovern, J.D.
- The Compassionate Lawyer, Kimberly Stamatelos, J.D.
- Ethics in Billing, Matthew McDermott, J.D.
- Contract Fundamentals, Michael Streit, J.D., frm. Justice, Iowa Supreme Court
- ILAP – Iowa Lawyers Assistance Program, Hugh Grady