CLE Seminar Materials – April 17, 2015
PCBA members gathered at the Downtown Des Moines Marriott on April 17 to network and stay on top of their profession at the Spring CLE general practice seminar. As always, the CLE provided a full day of diverse and interesting presentations covering a wide array of topics pertinent to the practice of law in Iowa. The program, which was offered FREE to members, was approved for 7.75 hours of State CLE credit, including 2.25 hours Ethics and 1.5 hours Federal. The Activity Number is 186815.
- Administrative Hearings, ALJ Emily Chafa
- Representing the Worker in an Unemployment Hearing, Nathan Overberg, J.D.
- Ethics, Judge John Wright
- Trusts (Miller and others), Wills, Breanna Young, J.D
- FED Actions, Magistrate Judge Becky Goettsch
- Ethical Issues Under the New Rules, Justice Edward Mansfield and Jeff Thompson, J.D.
- Public Interest Law, Jane Hudson, J.D., Jeremy Rosen, J.D., and
Dennis Groenenboom, J.D.
- Medicaid Eligibility, Scott Hartsook, J.D.
- Human Trafficking, Denise Timmons, J.D.
- EDMS, Joshua Miller
- Elder Representation, Matthew Gardner, J.D.
- Representing Difficult Clients, Victoria Herring, J.D., and Joel Fenton, J.D.