The Polk County Bar Association partners with ARAG each year to give Polk County area students a chance to get creative with the law as part of our annual Law Day celebration. Students in grades K through 12 are invited to compete in the visual arts, music, essay and poetry categories.
Law Day has been celebrated since 1958 when President Dwight Eisenhower signed the proclamation declaring it a day to celebrate and strengthen the American heritage of liberty, justice and equality under the law.
Advancing the Rule of Law Now was the theme announced by the American Bar Association for Law Day 2021. The Rule of Law is the bedrock of our democracy, because the same laws apply to everyone and no one is above the law. The Rule of Law is a system of laws, rules, policies, and principles that apply to everyone to ensure a fair and just society where everyone is treated equally under the law. This includes having a fair and independent judiciary and making sure human rights are guaranteed for all.
- See the official Iowa Law Day Proclamation
- Download the list of Iowa Law Day winners
- See the PowerPoint presentation
- Watch the main room video
- Watch the Elementary School breakout room video
- Watch the Middle School breakout room video
- Watch the High School breakout room video