Polk County Bar Association
P: (515) 243-3904
P: (515) 243-3904
What services do you provide?

The Polk County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project (PCBA VLP) provides volunteer attorneys to represent low-income individuals in civil legal matters. Additional information can be found here.

How do I apply for a volunteer attorney?

Click here for additional information and to fill out an application.

Can you answer a quick legal question?

The Polk County Bar Association does not have attorneys on staff and does not directly provide legal services or advice. Polk County Bar Association staff members are not able to answer legal questions. We encourage you to apply for assistance from our PCBA Volunteer Lawyers Project or to contact a local Polk County lawyer for legal advice.

How do I file a complaint against an attorney or judge?

The Polk County Bar Association does not handle complaints against attorneys or judges. For information on how to submit a complaint, please refer to the Iowa Judicial Branch’s website at: https://www.iowacourts.gov/opr/attorneys/attorney-discipline/complaint-against-a-lawyer. You can also contact the Board of Professional Regulation at 515-348-4670.

I have a fee dispute with an attorney. What do I do?

The PCBA has a Fee Arbitration Committee. Information on how to use this free service is here.

I would like to retain an attorney who practices a certain type of law. Where can I find one?

The Polk County Bar Association cannot assist you with finding a lawyer (aside from applying for our Volunteer Lawyer Project which you can do here).

We suggest you utilize the Iowa State Bar Association’s Iowa Find-A-Lawyer website, where you can search for private attorneys. You can search for attorneys by city, county, or area of practice. Attorneys listed on the Iowa Find-A-Lawyer website may charge for an initial consultation. Click here to be redirected to the ISBA Find-A-Lawyer tool.

« Back

© 2024 Polk County Bar Association. All Rights Reserved.